So now that I’m well under way with Motherhood second time around, I’ve got a few insights into the first experience……Things I’ve done differently this time around……Things i wish i’d known the first time.
1. Being pregnant SUCKS. Well, mostly anyway.
Yes you’re growing a human being and yes that’s totally amazing etc etc……but you feel like crap. Most. Of. The time.
2. Labour is fine. Stop worrying about it. Baby has got to come out at some point. And no you’re not gonna die (hopefully…).
3. Baby needs to sleep. All. Of. The time. Don’t underestimate this. Let him, or help him to, sleep. A Lot. Or life will be very stressful for you both.
4. You need to sleep. All. Of. The time. But you wont be able to. Now where’s the justice in that?!
5. You will buy loads of STUFF for baby. Clothes (they’ll all get crapped on). Nursery decor (he’ll never sleep in there anyway). A cot (a COT!!!! What was i thinking???). Toys…. Don’t waste your money. He doesn’t need any of it really.
6. You will try to do too much. Stop it and sit down.
7. Your baby will be beautifully groomed and sweet smelling. You will look like crap. FACT.
8. Your house will look as if it has been ransacked. You will adjust your hygiene standards to accommodate this. Oh and poo will get everywhere….
Poo – getting everywhere
9. 9pm will be a late night.
10. 3am will be party time – but not as you knew it.
11. But then this will happen:
and everything will be more than OK.